Monday, May 12, 2008

Digital Darkroom

STRAIGHT OUT OF CAMERA (SOOC) vs. MINDS EYE

There are many times when I take a photo and see it a certain way. Then I get home, download the photos to view them on my monitor to find that they don't resemble the image in my minds eye. A good example is the photo below. The dynamic range was sadly lacking.




Thankfully I have been able to make the image closer to what I wanted it to resemble by using some tools and functions found in Adobe Photoshop CS3.

Below is a comparison of before and after editing.
Whilst I loved the original photo but it seemed flat and lacking in contrast.



FILL LIGHT
Sometimes the flash doesn't fire or is too far away from the subject to fill in the shadows.
In this situation I used the Shadows and Highlights image adjustment

How to access the Shadows and Highlights feature in Adobe Photoshop CS3


No comments: